The Components of Christmas Dinner, Ranked
This is based on a typical British Christmas dinner, ie turkey with all the trimmings. This is one of my favourite meals ever, and I would eat it year round if custom allowed!
- •Sausages wrapped in bacon (aka pigs in blankets)Two types of pork in one go = these guys really are living the spirit of Christmas
- •Roast potatoesOver the last couple of years I have nailed my roast potato recipe, which is based on a Nigella recipe from Feast. Basically involves par-boiling for 10 mins and then nuking them in goose fat for 45 mins. Lush.
- •Roast parsnipsA healthy veg made extremely unhealthy with all the goose fat again...
- •TurkeyKind of dull, but I still love it
- •GravyThe condiment glue that binds the whole meal together
- •SproutsTraditional and I love them. My digestive system, however, does not
- •StuffingNever quite as nice as you remember it being