THOUGHTS I HAD TO INTERNALIZE SO I WOULDN'T DISTRACT MY STUDY BUDDY
Who shall remain nameless
- •"What?"They had just whispered a frantic "Oh shoot!"
- •"Is your leg better?"They had accidentally injured themselves earlier.
- •"So this morning..."It was a minor fiasco and I wanted to share the story.
- •"Are you on the list app?"I had my suspicions.
- •"Watcha readin'?"It was poetry and it looked good.
- •"Look!"I glanced up and saw a facsimile of Shakespeare's first folio. I almost shouted. (I recently had a nightmare finding anything by the bard in a bookstore.)
- •"This explains those awkward emails!"We had a small discussion about the correct form of greeting and level of formality in an email. They seemed to struggle with finding a certain level of confidence. I've definitely been there too though.
- •"Hey I'm a junior!"It's always great to find you have more credits than you thought.
- •"FOUR FEET ON THE FLOOR, NOAH!"A mutual friend was being reasonably reckless and I somehow thought a reference to my mother's hate for tipping chairs would be funny... I don't know why this is here.
- •"Oh no, I'm Canadian!"I am actually a dual citizen, but I realized for the first time exactly how much I fit the stereotype.
- •"Stop looking at me!"I tried desperately to avoid distracting my study buddy, but they took no pains with me at all.
- •"I watched this amazing video about gender violence this morning..."They would have loved it. But it was not the time.
- •"Snap chat is so stupid.""And you look silly when you use it, and you should be studying."
- •"Don't judge!"I practically had to crawl under the desk to fix a power cord and definitely got that look."
- •"Isn't it great when you get goosebumps listening to a song?"It's like a physical validation/confirmation of your reaction.
- •"What!?"Seriously stop looking at me like that.
- •Lots of other stuff