🐈A Cat Story
The year is 1995. A young couple moves in to half of a rental duplex, their first home together. They logically decide to take the next step, and get a cat. Make that 2 cats.
- •Let's see how raising cats together goes. It'll be sort of like a trial run for having kids, right?No
- •"They will be indoor cats, right?""Yes, I think they should be indoor cats too."
- •One of us feels sad that the cats don't get to enjoy the outdoors. Well two of us really, but one of us takes action.One of us gets a cat leash.
- •Have you ever taken a cat out on a leash?It seems like such a cute idea when you see a picture of someone doing it on the subway.
- •Here is the reality however:It seems our cats, and most cats, just lie on their sides when you put a leash on them. They become inert, instantly paralyzed, passive blobs of unyielding fur.
- •Moral A: A taste of feline freedom makes it very difficult to bring the groceries in the house.
- •Moral B: if you and your partner cannot agree on basic principles of owning a pet, don't expect parenting to be smooth sailing.Also: if you and your partner can agree on basic principles of owning a pet, don't expect parenting to be smooth sailing.