FAVORITE JOANNA NEWSOM LYRICS
She makes me feel all the feels.
- •I have read the right books/ to interpret your looks/ you were knocking me down/ with the palm of your eye.
- •There are some mornings when the sky looks like a road/ there are some dragons who were built to have and hold/ and some machines are dropped from great heights lovingly/ and some great bellies ache with many bumblebees (and they sting so terribly).
- •And there is hesitation/ and it always remains (concerning you, me, and the rest of the gang)/ but in our quiet hour/ I feel I see everything/ and am in love with the hook/ upon which everything hangs.
- •And I regret how I said to you, "honey, just open your heart," when I have trouble even opening a honey jar.
- •But when you come and see me, in California, you cross the border of my heart.
- •I will drink to your excellent health/ and your cruelty/ will you have one on me?
- •I wish we could take every path/ I could spend a hundred years adoring you/ yes, I wish we could take every path/ because I hated to close that door on you.
- •The meadowlark and the chim-choo-ree and the sparrow/ set to the sky in a flying spree/ for the sport of the pharaoh.
- •That the meteorite is the source of the light/ and the meteor's just what we see/ and the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee.
- •Oh my love/ oh it was a funny little thing/ to be the ones/ to have seen.
- •The unending amends you've made are enough for one life/ be done/ I believe in innocence, little darling/ start again/ I believe in everyone.