Baking babka with Babcia
My babcia's babkas never fail...for her. You know how it is with the best cooks and bakers: No matter how many instructions you write, pictures or videos you take, there's no way you can replicate exactly how they do it. Either way, had a great time learning how to make this traditional cake. Now to only find the right pan before Easter 🐣
- •Sugar2/3 or 3/4...she did not a full 1/2 cup twice 😂 she says to remember that if it's not sweet enough, you sprinkle powdered sugar on top anyways
- •MixStarts to foam a little or a few seconds after combined
- •Oil ...1 cup?Mix until foaming. She had it on the highest power at this point. She said you can mix this for however long.
- •Flour and baking powder alternating2 cups flour. 2 rounded teaspoons bp, 1 normal tsp bp
- •Orange juice1 cup
- •Probs add another half cup flourWatch video for consistency
- •Pour in however much you want into pan
- •In the rest mix 3 tsp cocoa and mix with spatulaRemember to sift so it mixes nice
- •Take a tbsp, and reach to the bottom of pan, and twist for design
- •Baking time was 30 min start, but then she turned it down and just watched for colour...I will be winging this part in the future.
- •Pyszne 👅😊 I can only hope my attempts at least turn out edible. Had a great time baking with babcia though. At 92 she's still got it 💓💪