Things to Do When Stressed
I am an overworked, overstressed, and underpaid third year PhD student. These are the things I do to feel better. Feel free to make suggestions!
- 1.JournalWrite, write, write...I try to channel most of my stress this way. It doesn't work all the time though...
- 2.Listen to MusicMy parents gave me this record player for Christmas and it has been a LIFESAVER. I still have my typical spotify go-to playlists, but I mostly listen to bossa nova, fleet foxes and bon iver to relaaaax.
- 3.Play MusicWhen listening doesn't do me any good, I just get my ukulele or my guitar. I never know what to play when I start, but it helps me to lose control while I'm playing. I never know where music will take me
- 4.NetflixThis is the one thing I do that I always always hate doing. It usually takes me nowhere and it sometimes increases my stress levels.
- 5.Color-code BooksI'm slightly OCD so this soothes me.
- 6.CookSometimes trying out a new recipe is just what I need!!
- 7.Read...for FUN! (gasp!)This I usually never do because I feel as if I should be doing work instead of reading.
- 8.D.A.N.C.E.Like Audrey, I l o v e dancing and think everyone should do it! It is SO much fun!