Past Halloween Costumes
A peek into my role playing psyche through the ages.
- •Age 3 - Peter PanI distinctly remember the smell of spear gum on my ears and the fact that I could play with a toy dagger.
- •Age 4 - Ninja TurtleCardboard shell and everything. It put the other store bought Turtles to shame.
- •Age 5 - Egon SpenglerWith a proton pack made of vacuum cleaner parts.
- •Age 6 - BeetlejuiceI won a costume contest for that one. White suit with spray painted black lines and hair teased up to the sky.
- •Age 7 - Store Bought FrankensteinSome kind of vinyl sheet and a plastic mask. Very minimal effort. I didn't want to involve my parents.
- •Age 8 - Power RangerThe show debuted in the US two months prior. I was trendsetting!
- •Age 9 - The PenguinThe Danny DeVito one. I was obsessed. With Danny DeVito.
- •Age 10 - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeSplit right down the middle.
- •Age 11 - Mr. GarrisonMy dad made Mr. Hat from manilla folders and felt. Everyone thought I was Dr. Seuss.
- •After that I'd lost track of Halloween so further costumes were usually weird things I'd throw together the morning of. Except...
- •Age 17 - Alex from A Clockwork OrangeMe and a few droogs. It was gorgeousity made flesh.
- •Age 18 - Son of ManMore commonly known as "Guy with apple face painting from The Thomas Crown Affair."
- •Age 23 - Dr. StrangeloveThen I went to a party of 20 somethings who didn't quite get it.
- •Age 25 - Hank Venture as Batman"I keep cutting my thongue on my mathk! It'th maddening!"
- •Age 27 - MimeI didn't say a word at the party.
- •Age 28 - AntmanToo legitimate to quitimate. My girlfriend was The Wasp and strangers wanted pictures with us.
- •This year... Deep Sea Diver. Let's see how that goes.