MY FAVORITE DEERHUNTER SONGS
Truly one of the greater bands of our generation, their sound changes from record to record and it's always surprising and beautiful
- •Cover Me (Slowly)This instrumental opening to Microcastle just gets me
- •AgoraphobiaThis song comes immediately after Cover Me (Slowly) and it can be melancholy, happy, or morbidly depressing depending on what the sky looks like and how I'm feeling. I love it so much.
- •Strange LightsThis song makes me think of highschool and riding around in my green minivan without a care in the world and getting drunk in church parking lots and sneaking out
- •Twilight at Carbon LakeI just love this song so much - the closing track to Microcastle which is one of my favorite albums of all time
- •HelicopterThis song is just crazy good like how did they make it? I love singing along to this and playing it with the bass really high.
- •The MissingThis is one of the few songs from Monomania (their sixth album that was too grungy for me) that I truly love love love. Just listen to it.
- •Nothing Ever HappenedThe guitar solo at the end of this song shreds in the most melancholy perfect way
- •Living My LifeFrom the newest album, which has such a clean poppy sound ! This is a feel-good track.
- •Don't CryThe second track on Halcyon Digest, this song is so short sweet and to the point. Sometimes I feel weird singing it bc it sounds a little creepy but it's not !
- •He Would Have LaughedThe closing track to Halcyon Digest, I made a stop motion short to this track in my freshman year of college called Diamond Epic :)
- •Take CareThis song is beautiful and I can easily see myself crying or laughing to it.
- •Vox HumanaThis is from the b side to Microcastle, Weird Era Cont. and it's a really beautiful and tragic sounding song kind of in the spirit of the little miss sunshine score
- •SleepwalkingAnother good one from Monomania
- •Never StopsThe explosion of sound fifteen secs into this song is just perf