TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL HOLIDAY COCKTAIL PARTY
Everyone's calendars are filling up with holiday party invites, but how do you make yours stand out??
- 1.Ditch the full barThere’s no need to lay out a mixologist-worthy spread of liquor, mixers and garnishes. Focus instead on one or two signature drinks (we got you covered - http://to.pbs.org/1XJUexo), a red wine, a white wine and a beer. (Don’t neglect the non-drinkers, though. A citrus punch is always a good option.)
- 2.No Rudolph!The right holiday party calls for the right music. Don’t settle for Pandora. Make a playlist that fits the mood you’re going for - you don't HAVE to listen to Christmas music, so feel free to throw in what you like!
- 3.Don’t forget the iceYou don't want to send someone to the store mid-party. Make sure you’ve got plenty on hand to chill bottles of wine and beer, and for use in cocktails. If you don’t have room in your freezer, store extra bags in your bathtub!
- 4.Ham it upSetting out a holiday ham will wow your guests — it also happens to be a great entertaining cheat. A store-bought spiral ham is already pre-cooked, so all you have to do is warm it up for a few hours in the oven and glaze it. Serve with good-quality rolls and let guests make sandwiches. If you want to make your own ham - http://to.pbs.org/1XJVqRC
- 5.Spread the food loveA great way to get your guests to mix and mingle is to set your food out in strategic locations. Place the drinks table in the living room, some appetizers in the dining room, and desserts in the den. You can get creative in a small apartment too!