Books to Guide Your Sense of Self and Creativity
These are some of my absolute favorites!
- •The Book of Secrets by Deepak ChopraI read this when I was in 11th grade. It was a great book to get my started on my spiritual journey to understand myself.
- •Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria RilkeI have read and re-read this book over and over again. I tend to carry it with me as well. If you're a young person, well any person who's pursuing something creative this book is essential. It teaches you how to solve the answers you seek for yourself and also that sometimes the answers aren't easily found.
- •Daring Greatly by Dr. Brené BrownI recently finished this book and I know I need to read it again. I found out about Dr. Brown through her TED Talk she gave on vulnerability and shame. You'd be surprised on how much shame affects us, especially our creativity. A must read.
- •The Prophet by Khalil GibranThis book came to me after seeing some Gibran quotes. It is a powerful read that is framed about the story of a prophet visiting a town. He leaves the townspeople with great insight about life, love, work, children, food, and more.
- •The Alchemist by Paulo CoehloA classic.