WHEN I WENT TO EROWHAN
some haikus on the occasion of my voyage to LA's premiere luxury health food store
- •when you're unemployed / common sense paces its cage / YOLO, brays stomach
- •zucchini bread, sure, / vanilla chai almond shakes: / these seem doable
- •three dollar signs, notes / Google, Zagat rated too / it's fiiine, coos gut. Drive
- •the evolved species / feeding in this canopy / swing on hairless limbs
- •taut faces confer / which vitamin combo will / turn base metals gold?
- •geezer lofts berries / to nostrils and SNIFFFFs in deep / the hell's he smelling
- •manbun, black robes, O / Good God: Father John Misty / peruses salads
- •his oft-oded wife / seems beleaguered to see me stare / let them munch quinoa
- •at checkout I groused / tiles for a fallen quarter / [Flaxseed: $Eight.Eighteen]
- •Jesus I forgot / zucchini! welp. second chance / to scope J. Tillman
- •low balance alert / from Chase: is this the whey that will / break the camel's zen?
- •so that chai smoothie? / da bomb. now what to do with / all this cardamom