My ranking of "Nevermind" by Nirvana
I think that Nirvana had the least amount of creative control over this album as they did on their others. Inspired by @Cheezit1970
- 13.Stay AwayI like the guitar and vocals that synchronize but not much else
- 12.Lounge ActGreat bass line but just not my favorite song
- 11.Endless, NamelessI had this album on in the car and dad turned it on with this blaring. Perfect.
- 10.BreedReally good song but the production doesn't suit it that well. I would like to hear what this would've sounded like on Bleach
- 9.PollyProvides a nice little intermission after the first half
- 8.On a PlainIt's hard to rate this one. The lyrics are great but there's a few too many guitar overdubs.
- 7.Something in the WayProbably the darkest song on the album. It strikes me as a statement of where Nirvana was headed
- 6.Territorial PissingsPuts the hippies right where they belong
- 5.Come as You AreWhoever says anything against Cobain's lyrics is probably just jealous.
- 4.Drain YouProbably the most accurate reflection of where Nirvana was at musically during Nevermind.
- 3.LithiumNirvana and the Beatles understood the power of yelling YEAH.
- 2.In BloomI'm probably the one Kurt is singing at here, but that's ok. What kind of zone do you have to be in to pull a message like that off?
- 1.Smells Like Teen SpiritI'm not going to let what anyone (including Nirvana) has to say about this song ruin it for me. It caught me totally by surprise, and to this day I still can't believe my ears when it's on.