SPECIAL SUMMER MOMENTS
I've been lucky this summer. I get to live in Ontario cottage country with my boyfriend at his family cottage. He works as a forest fire fighter for 6 months a year, I hang out on the dock and serve tables
- •Watching the lake change from ice and snowWe got here mid April.
- •To spring
- •To hot summer greenBefore, it was perfectly silent and deserted. Now all the cottagers are here. There's a never ending parade of boats going by our dock.
- •I've started baking breadI'm a cottage wife!
- •Sharing my boyfriend's love for this placeIt's a special place for him, and now it's special for me! I'm so lucky!
- •Having friends and family visitI've also been able to get to know his family better.
- •Embracing my love of overalls
- •WildlifeI'm not in the city anymore! There is also a fox family down the road.
- •Getting updates when he's off on a fireThe longest he's been gone is 19 days. He loves it, I could never do it. He flies around in helicopters and uses chainsaws.
- •Never ending dusk skies
- •Worked on my green thumbSeeds I brought back from Colombia for lil baby tomatoes
- •Feeding the humming birdsNot pictured because they're fast lil buggers. I also get a bit anxious about it. I always forget to fill the feeders, I can never remember the sugar to water ratio. Should I use a more natural sugar? Raw sugar, honey? All that processed stuff can't be good for them!
- •I've spent a lot of time by myselfIt's been nice. I've re watched mad men, I've completed a university course on line, I've figured out some life goals/directions.
- •It's been an amazing summer and I'm thankful for it!Also it's not over yet, I'm just sentimental....