SOME OF MY FAVORITE BIRTHDAY CAKES THAT I HAVE MADE
My cake decorating skills can best be described as "childlike" but hey, it's fun.
- •Fish for my 3rd sons 2nd birthday.Used a pattern from Martha Stewart for the construction.
- •GibbonsThe twins were reeeeeally into gibbons that year (I mean for real, we read books, drove hours to see them at zoos, it was a fixation) and they requested cakes with an agile gibbon and a siamang gibbon. The results were laughable, but the kids loved them and that's what counts.
- •"Cars" cakes.These really weren't that great, I'm just proud of my efforts because making red fondant is really hard. For an hour or so I was afraid I'd have to serve up pink cakes.
- •Dog cakeThe fun part about this one is that it looked so much like our dog. Another Martha pattern
- •Ninja TurtleFor my nephew. Once again, not thaaaat cool but the fondant turned out so pretty I want to cry.
- •Bugs & BatBefore they got really into primates/gibbons specifically the twins were really into rainforest creatures in general and requested that a fox bat and a rhinoceros beetle be included on their cakes.