THINGS TAKING UP SPACE IN MY KITCHEN THAT I DO NOT NEED BUT CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO GET RID OF.
- •Apple peeler-corer-slicer thingyStick the apple on the end and turn the crank-something about the whole process is so satisfying. But it's a pain in the ass to wash and it slices the apples thinner than I like for baked goods so there is really no reason to have this.
- •MandolineAlso a pain to wash. 99% of the time it's just easier to use a knife. Plus I am always terrified that I will slice off my finger tips. So it mostly stays in the box and I think about giving it away but then I imagine that someday I will want to make potato chips or zoodles because in my imagination I am someone who might make those things.
- •Yogurt MakerI've used it once. And I was so amazed. I made yogurt! And it was delicious! But then I remember that my grocery store sells like 50 brands of yogurt, and most of them are also delicious, and require zero effort on my part.
- •Multiple Bundt PansReally, even though I bake a lot there is no reason for this. The specially shaped ones are such a pain to grease and to wash and if the cake sticks and doesn't come out correctly I feel like a failure.
- •Fondue PotAgain something I have used only once.