TODAY'S ROAD TRIP BY THE NUMBERS
- •Kids in the car-4Two 8 year olds, a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 year old.
- •Dogs-1Fingers crossed she doesn't get car sick and ralph but who am I kidding of course she will.
- •Adults-2God help us.
- •Varieties of snacks-5Fruit leather, cheese crackers, frozen yogurt tubes, applesauce pouches and at the request of the children I made "puppy chow". I will be digging traces of all these things out of the seats of my vehicle for weeks.
- •Hours spent packing yesterday-5?Questionable weather in the forecast, plus a formal occasion=not as fun to pack for as, say, a grown ups only trip to the beach.
- •Hours slept last night-4The two year old has learned how to climb out of her crib (yay!) and she wandered into my room at 3 am ready to play. Tried to get her back to sleep. Failed. She's snoozing in her car seat now and I'm looking like an extra from The Walking Dead.
- •Hours I expect to spend in the car-9Factoring in one stop for lunch, a couple other stops for bathroom breaks, gas, and or cleaning up dog vomit.
- •How many times I will have a mini heart attack thinking I forgot something important-11Already had to climb to the back to make sure I remembered my daughters flower girl dress.
- •Drinks I will have when we get to my sister in law's house tonight-so many.