Use any combination of thinly sliced cucumbers, carrots, radishes, onions, shallots, jalapeños. Play!
- •1 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- •2 teaspoons sugar
- •1 teaspoon kosher salt
- •2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- •1 cup pickling vegetables (see intro above for ideas), thinly sliced (with mandoline if you have one)
- •In a medium-sized pot, bring vinegar sugar, salt to the boil. Turn off heat. Slide in pickling vegetables. Stir. Cool.
- •Eat on everything from quesadillas to roast beef sandwiches to butter lettuce salads. Keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.