A Conversational Strategy That I've Been Trying That Isn't Working Out.
I gave this a try, but am about ready to quit.
- •There are a couple of people in my life who consistently interrupt me while I'm talking.
- •I've started saying "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you" when they interrupt me.
- •My hope was that they'd realize that it was THEM who interrupted ME and stop doing that.
- •They are simply clueless that they're interrupting me.
- •I'm frustrated.
- •I feel like it would be rude to say "Please stop interrupting me" because I was raised to not say that kind of thing.