Ages to Be, Ranked
This applies to my life. Your mileage may vary. Requested by @JennyJLee. Also, I'm not 100% sure what was expected, so I'm doing whatever I want with this idea.
- •1 - 7 Being a little kid was great!Do you ever see those little kids running around, screaming with joy, not a care in the world, literally crazy with fun? That was me!
- •8 - 9 Not good.We moved 3 times in 2nd grade. While I don't remember it, apparently I cried and wet my pants at school every day for months. What must my teachers have thought?!
- •9 - 10 Decent.We settled into one town and I started making friends.
- •11 - 14 Woot!Middle school sucks for a lot of kids, but I loved it. I was starting to figure out who I was.
- •15 Awesome!!This was the one year where I think I was actually attractive. I took full advantage. I had 13 girlfriends that year, the last one I'm still married to, after 4 years of dating and 32 years of marriage.
- •16 - 19 Good.I hated high school, but I was in love with my girlfriend, so I finished. Barely. About 175 students, I graduated about number 160. 1.87 GPA!!
- •19 Wonderful.This was our honeymoon year.
- •20 - 24 This period sucked.My mother committed suicide when I was 20, my father died of brain cancer when I was 21 and I was F'ing mad at the world for a few years. I wasn't an enjoyable person then. If you like me now, you would not have liked me then.
- •25 - 27 Fine.Life was getting better.
- •28 and 31 Awesome!Our daughter @PinkOnWednesdays was born when I was 28, my son was born when I was 31. Magical days.
- •28 - 39 Filled with wonderI stayed home to raise my kids for about 11 years. No income but the best job in the world.
- •40+ Better every day.
- •42 - Nice.I met my best friend (@fade) this year, although I didn't know that's what she'd become.
- •44 - Cool.This was the year my best friend and I started being best friends. We worked together at a school (she was my boss) and she got transferred away to another school. I got brave and told her how much I admired her and how much I'd learned from her. Friendship grew.
- •46 - Surprisingly good.I got transferred from an elementary school where I felt that I truly belonged, to a middle school and I was pissed. Well, it turns out that I love working at middle school. Middle schoolers are fun!
- •51-11/12 - Yes!
- •52+ A mystery, but with great hope.I just had a birthday a few weeks ago and the future is looking good.