Birthdays: Another Reason I Spend Way More Time on List App and Less Time on Facebook.
So, so many reasons. This is just one.
- •On FB sometimes people announce their birthday, occasionally a day or two in advance.Like "I can't believe I'm having a birthday tomorrow. I'm so old and wrinkly."
- •Other times they announce it in their birthday."Happy birthday to me. I'm so lame."
- •Either way it's just unflattering attention seeking.Veiled "Please wish me happy birthday, tell me I'm young and attractive and totally cool."
- •And all the birthday wishes people wiote on other people's timeline. "Happy birthday." "Happy birthday. Enjoy your day." The worst: "I saw on Facebook that it's your birthday. Happy birthday."So unoriginal, all of it.
- •But on The List App people sometimes post about their birthday.About.
- •They're not just posting that it IS their birthday and asking for crappy greetings. They're writing thoughts, feelings or funny stories about their birthday.
- •Check out Jen Smith's birthday list: WHEN DOES THE MID-30S START? AND OTHER BIRTHDAY MORNING RAMBLINGS. This is a perfect example of a cool birthday list!Way to go @supercommonname I loved your list.
- •Thank you @list for making my life more enjoyable and less "Insincere happy birthday"ish.