Dear Parents, Please Don't Do This.
- •A parent came in before lunch today and set this up.
- •For their 6th grade son.
- •Gatorade, Teriyaki take out, balloons and some kind of party favor for her child and two of their friends.
- •There are about 350 6th graders in the lunchroom and she's doing this for three of them. Eight kids to a table, but only three will get this at that table. It seems kind of rude to me.
- •This isn't a kid with special needs or an illness or anything. Just a regular kid.
- •The problem is that this is setting some high expectations for the future. And this is just the 6th grade!!
- •Every year there's one or two parents who have a stretch limo show up for 8th grade graduation. What's the plan for high school graduation? A helicopter?
- •Turning 12, "graduating" from 8th grade and even graduating from high school are the baseline. There are a lot of at risk kids who don't graduate high school, Butter list kids, it's the basic expectation.
- •This is my second shitty list in as many days. I'll step off now.