Favorite Video Games Of My Life
- •Pong. The original. My dad was SO psyched to buy this and we played for hours and hours.
- •Asteroids. This baby was IT! I put so many quarters into this game. I'd hang out at the pizza place near my high school or the 7-11 near my house and play for hours. I never got tired of playing this game.My friends and I would have contests, the only rule being "No cruising for ships" because it was too easy to rack up extra lives that way. Cheating.
- •Super Sprint. I played this at Skate Palace, the roller rink my parents dropped me off at for several hours every Saturday night right before they got divorced. I loved this game.Three players each dropped a quarter in. You shifted with a shift knob, and steered with a "real"steering wheel. It was a blast!
- •Asteroids Deluxe. This was an "upgrade" but I didn't like it as well. The shield seemed like cheating to me. It was okay, but not great. Yet I still put quarters into it like money didn't matter.
- •Atari 2600. I never owned one, but my friend Mike had one with a bunch of games. Obviously Asteroids was the best game, but I played many hours of Tank, Breakout, Defender and a lot of Space Invaders.Mike and I were evenly matched, and his mother got mad when we started cussing at each other.
- •Kids these days. They don't know what a real video game is. Do they even know where to put the quarter?