I'm Just The Projectionist.
- •My nephew once told me about a dream that was weird. I asked him what he thought it meant (because I wanted to see what he'd say. I don't believe dreams mean Jack) and he said "Hey, I'm not the director of my dreams; I'm just the projectionist, watching from up there." Great line!
- •Sometimes that's how I feel in my daily life. Like I'm not the director, but rather I'm just the projectionist, watching what's happening without any knowledge of what's coming next.
- •Sometimes when I'm having a conversation with a friend I'll even think "I wonder what I'm going to say to this." And then I watch and see!
- •I mean, it's not like I'm The Narrator watching to see what Tyler Durden will do next. It's just that I don't always know very far ahead how I'm going to respond.
- •I'm always polite to people, I'm always kind, I'm not so impulsive that I say things I regret. In fact one thing I'm really proud of is that I'm very careful to never say something born of emotion that I'll regret later.
- •I think I have a great sense of humor. I crack people up. I crack myself up! But I think the strongest part of my humor is the spontaneity of what I say. Planning funny lines never works for me. What does work is just popping stuff off the top of my head. I find it exhilarating.
- •For some reason the line my nephew said - I'm just the projectionist - popped into my head just now and it hit me that my life is a little bit like that and I thought I'd share it with you.