Just Some Thoughts On The Original Planet Of The Apes
- •For started, they land after their long journey on my birthday!
- •Inside the space ship, Captain Taylor, while flying through space at the speed of light, is SMOKING A CIGAR!!
- •Although they land in water, their first reaction is to get away from it. Later they check their rations and find that between the three of them they have 8 ounces of water. Water from earth, from 2,000 years ago. They don't even have a sip from the fresh water lake they're in.
- •They're on a seemingly dry, barren, desert of a planet (apart from said lake it's very deserty) and after walking for hours, they finally find a sign of life. A plant. A scrawny little excuse for a plant. What do they do? Immediately dig it up. Welcome to our planet, Americans.
- •During Taylor's trial, we see three orangoutangs feeling distraught, and then briefly see this shot. Classic!See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
- •If you haven't seen this movie, I won't spoil it for you, but the last five seconds is worth watching the entire movie.