MY LONGEST COMMITMENTS
Inspired by @Boogie
- •My wife and kids. This is a total cop out answer. It shouldn't even count. But...I've been married for 33 years after dating for 4 years. My kids are 24 and 21. Cop out answer over.
- •Books. I was really proud in high school that I didn't read a single assigned book. That was an act of rebellion. But I read a lot of unassigned books, mostly Lord Of The Rings on repeat. Since I was a kid I've always had a book (or 2 or 3) going.
- •Music. I wasn't much into music as a kid. Pink Floyd some and I pretended to be into The Who. But at some point I saw Steve Goodman on Austin City Limits and I was so blown away that my life changed forever.From reading liner notes on a Goodman album I discovered John Prine. From there I discovered Jerry Jeff Walker, Jimmy Buffett, The Band, The Grateful Dead and On and on and on.
- •Juggling. I started in 1979 and haven't looked back. I'm not good, but I enjoy it immensely.
- •Unicycles. I got my first in 1979 and haven't looked back. I now have 7 or 8 of something.
- •Peanut Butter. This is the real one; the longest commitment. My parents quit making dinner when I was in 3rd grade (or 2nd? I'm not 100% sure) and Peanut Butter became my best friend. And still is.
- •Diet Soda. I started drinking Tab in 1974. Ive quit so many times I lost count. I'll probably never really quit.
- •My best friend. We've been friends for about 15 years now and I think it's going to last forever. This is easily the longest friendship of my life.