The Problem With Desert Island Picks
Do I think too much?
- •What five albums would you take to a desert island? That's the premise.
- •But the problem is that, if I really think about it, I'd probably pick really mellow music that always seems kind of okay no matter what my mood.The same could be said of Movies, Books or Foods as the topic.
- •If I knew I could only listen to these five albums for the rest of my life, eat these five foods forever, I'd pick bland, super tolerable stuff.
- •As much as I love Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Pizza, Ice Cream, Cast Away or Mean Girls, there are days I don't want those.
- •I'm always down for John Denver, Buttered Toast or Toy Story, but none of these are my favorite. Yet those are what I'd pick if I knew I had to have them forever.
- •My best friend asked me this today: "What's your favorite dessert, Bill? What would you take to a deserted island?"
- •As I thought about it (over analyzed it?) I realized that these are questions with two very different answers.
- •My favorite dessert is Pineapple Upside Down Cake with fresh pineapple. But for a desert island I'd bring Vanilla Ice Cream.
- •I think I think too much.