Things I Am Comfortable Saying I Know A Lot About
Inspired by @megbarrett
- •Fight Club.I don't know how many times I've read this book, but it's a lot.
- •Juggling.Pictures is my juggling hero, Jason Garfield. He can juggle ELEVEN balls. At once.
- •Maui.I have been to Maui somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 times.
- •Poi.I've tried making it a couple of times, with limited success. I just don't own the equipment, which is extremely specialized. I'm working on it, though.
- •Serene Lake, Oregon.This is a good 3 miles from where you park your car, and you park your car about two hours from the nearest city. I've camped here too many times to count, and hiked in for the day a bunch more. This place renews my soul.
- •Comedy.I've read multiple books about what makes something funny, and have studied comedy since childhood. This doesn't mean I'm necessarily funny, but at least I usually know why things are or aren't funny. My first foray into the study was listening to comedy albums repeatedly, thinking about the timing, set up, delivery, word choices, pace, and more.
- •Bonus: I should be able to put the bands Dave Matthews Band, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, and maybe Jackson Browne on this list because I listen to them so much, but I barely even know song titles. I love and know the music, but can barely tell you band members' names.I own every album by all of those mentioned, but barely know any album titles, even. It's weird.