Things I'm Thankful for About the List App (I'm Sorry for Making Another List About the List App)
As opposed to other social media.
- •Way less selfies.And way less use of the term selfie.
- •No frigging hashtags.I'm sick of them. Yes, there are some on here, but not like on other social media. I know a woman who sometimes posts a FB status of nothing but about a dozen hashtags. OY!
- •Zero Candy Crush requests here!Thank you all!
- •Honesty.I feel like The List App has much more honesty than FB.
- •I've yet to see a list that reads "I had the worst day ever..." And has only one list item which reads "Don't ask. I don't want to talk about it."Thank you for not begging for sympathy.
- •Zero notifications about anyone's Scentsy business, or "That Crazy Wrap Thing (It really works!)", etc.
- •No mason jars or burlap.I'm looking at you, Pinterest.
- •Anonymity isn't creepy on here. If someone I don't know friends me on FB, it's creepy.
- •There's SO much original content on The List App.Some days my FB feed is filled with reposted memes, game requests (which I've now blocked), and fake news stories and zero actual status' I actually want to read.
- •Positivity. Body image positivity, sexual orientation positivity, gender positivity. It's all here.I see so little of that in FB, and in fact I see shaming of those things there.
- •The List App has: good grammar; correct spelling; punctuation!I rarely see "i know u trynna be kewl" on here. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.