Unique Stores in Portland, Oregon
Keep Portland Weird; it's not just a catchy phrase. We live it!
- •Serious Juggling; a whole store dedicated to juggling equipment.Sadly now online only, but only due to personal issues in the owner's life. Ben was a semi-professional juggler who for many years had a killer juggling store that eventually also started selling unicycles. I've bought tons of juggling equipment and at least three unicycles from them. www.seriousjuggling.com
- •The Meadow; a salt and chocolate store.Mark Bitterman's store for salt and chocolate. There are hundreds and hundreds of varieties of salt here. It's wonderful!
- •Mr. Green Beans; a DIY coffee roasting store.They sell green coffee beans for home roasting and all the supplies you need for home roasting. I took a class here and roasted my own coffee at home for a few years. I used a hot air popcorn popper and it was the best coffee I've ever had. They have a small professional roaster available so you can roast in their store now. The owner Trevon is a coffee genius and a darned nice guy.
- •Paddle Palace; a ping pong store.A ping pong store. They recently moved and are technically in Tigard now, but barely. A whole store dedicated to everything ping pong.
- •Powell's Books; THE used book store.@powellsbooks is a whole city block of new and used books. 3+ stories of books. Plus 3 other locations in the greater Portland area and a little one at the airport. If you ever come to Portland, Powell's should be one of your top destinations.
- •VooDoo Donuts; serious donuts.Your local donut shop may sell maple bacon donuts, but they're just copying VooDoo. There is almost always a line out the door, 50 people long. You'll spend $40 for two dozen donuts, but it'll be worth every penny.