Why Are People Calling My Name?
I'm not worried.
- •I can't even guess accurately how many times I've heard someone call my name out in the past couple of weeks.
- •40? 60? I dunno.
- •But...every time I look, they're not talking to me.
- •It's always in a crowded environment.
- •I'm pretty sure that most of the times I've heard "Bill!" they didn't even say that word in reasonable conversation.Like "Oh, I paid that bill last week."
- •I'm pretty sure that maybe only 1 of those people said "Bill" at all and they weren't speaking to me.
- •So I'm not really hearing it.
- •I just think I'm hearing it.
- •If this were someone else I'd say they were hearing things.
- •It would remind me of A Beautiful Mind.But since it's me I'd call it A Homely Mind. Ha.
- •Maybe I'll get that hearing test my wife has been after me to get.
- •Or maybe I'll just start pretending I'm famous and it's the paparazzi calling after me for a photo and sound bite.
- •I'm going to start acting aloof.
- •Screw the paparazzi.