Why Shorts are the Correct Clothing
My daughter, the smart mouth @PinkOnWednesdays, thinks I know nothing about fashion because I wear shorts every day of the year. Not true. I know a lot about fashion: you have to know the rules before you can properly break them. I know about fashion, I just choose to ignore it.
- •For reference I don't always wear shorts. The exceptions? Wedding, funerals, wedding anniversary, and my wife's corporate dinners. This picture of from one of the corporate dinners, and I realize that you can't even tell I'm wearing shorts.
- •One time I chose to not wear shorts during Spirit Week in high school. That's me on the right.
- •A wedding. Ugh! Even a tie!
- •I have such a reputation for wearing shorts that during Spirit Week a couple of years ago, on Twin Day a coworker wore my daily uniform without check I'd be wearing it. This wasn't the first time this has happened.
- •Just think of the things you can do in shorts that you can't or shouldn't do in long pants:
- •Relaxing on the beach.
- •Showing off that you accidentally wore two different shoes to a store one day.
- •Relaxing at the park.
- •Don't even try to ride these bad boys in long pants!
- •This. Is. Me.
- •Even the Most Interesting Man In The World raises a toast to wearing shorts.
- •But mostly it's because I'm claustrophobic in long pants. They make me want to scream.
- •Shorts are so relaxing.
- •Shorts go well with flip flops.I got these for Xmas a few years ago.
- •Bonus picture not of me. I just ran across this in my photo album and it made me laugh, so I wanted to include it. My friend Kathleen wore a tree skirt as a regular skirt for Christmas Sweater Day at school last year. It's so awesome!