Current Reading List
I told myself I was going to read all the books I own this summer but I keep going to the library and getting books from them so whatever, at least I'm reading again!!
- •Update: there were lots of tears. They are still rolling down my face as I type this. Although it dragged a little in the middle, the beginning and ends resonated deeply with me since I've got a pet myself & the MC's reactions to everything were just so real. He loved his dog fiercely and I love my cat the same way. Definitely would recommend this book but make sure you have tissues handy.
- •A YA book about a girl with anxiety?? Um yes please! Sign me the eff up!! I love Sophie Kinsella as well (she replied to my tweet once) so I'm sure this book won't disappoint. **update: finished this book in just a couple of hours cause it was so good, the young lady's mom reminded me of my own and I appreciated the British-ness (also Linus sounds cute af, I need to find me a boy like that)
- •Update: the book was so boring, I only made it 50 pages in before giving up. Would not recommend. Every night I would tell myself "just read a chapter before you sleep" and I'd wind up picking my ingrown hairs instead so if that doesn't tell you how boring this book was idk what will.
- •Came up as suggested on my goodreads so I thought I'd give it a go. It was pretty funny - not groundbreaking or anything like that, a lot of things she talks about are common sense, but I did learn a couple new things as well! A very quick and easy read
- •In high school my friends were comparing us all to Disney princesses and I was told I'm like Jane, which I think is awesome! That caused my Tarzan obsession to come back - we all know the Disney story but I'm interested to read the original ***update: I just couldn't get into it. I had to read the same page over multiple times before I actually digested what I was reading. I gave up after one chapter
- •I LOVE Me and Earl and the Dying Girl so I'm excited to see if Jesse Andrews' next book is just as great ***update: wasn't as good as Me and Earl, but I still enjoyed it. It didn't feel like a Jesse Andrews book though, although I guess it's good that he isn't writing the same thing over again, kudos to him, I just prefer his other novel
- •I've heard wonderful things about this book and I know it's probably going to rip my heart out but I'm exciting for it. (Also LGBT characters!!!) ***update: I. AM. SHOOK. And not in the way I thought I would be, I didn't cry or anything although the book did tug at my heartstrings. It was that ending though - Griffin's self-destructive issues were hinted at throughout the book but when it was actually revealed at the end it was SO NOT what I was expecting! Great book though
- •(Pardon the terrible lighting) I've heard really good things about this book - I think it won some awards or something?? So we'll see if the hype is accurate. Also, the title is a Shakespeare reference so it's already got some brownie points. ***update: I finished this book in less than 24 hours because I literally did not want to put it down. I haven't read many other books that deal with rape but I appreciate the way the topic was handled in this one. It also takes place in my home province!!
- •If I'm not mistaken my 2 best friends both read and enjoyed this book so I need to get on that ASAP - I've been checking my library nonstop and they finally had it today so I'm excited to read it & hopefully see the movie at some point too! **update: It was eh. At the beginning I hated the MC but I figured she'd redeem herself somehow - either way by the end I still didn't like her that much. The only thing that kept me reading was the secondary characters to be completely honest.
- •**currently readingI've always been more of a Tina girl but I love Amy as well! I actually don't know that much about her but I enjoyed her SNL days so this should be fun!
- •Another book with a LGBT main character!! I spend a lot of time looking for queer books and this was one of the ones I came across so I'm excited to see what it's like!
- •I LOVE CARRIE FISHER! The news of her passing shook me to my core because I look up to her so much - she played a character I'll most likely name my future daughter after & she was open about her mental health and I just love her so much okay?