ME AND JGL: THE ONGOING SAGA
(this list isn't very interesting)
- •I first knew Joe as my dad's neighbor in Sherman Oaks back in the late 90s.I would visit my dad in LA once or twice a year and Joe was the little shit with the fancy sports car who lived with his mom at the end of my dad's street. Once he almost ran me over. By that point I had seen him in 10 Things I Hate About You, so I didn't mind. I creepily wrote down his address in my address book.
- •the next time I saw Joe was at a screening of 500 Days of Summer in Chicago in 2009.After the screening I was getting up the courage to go say hello. He was about 10 feet away and saw me coming and kindly waited for me to approach. We made eye contact and I was just about to say something when we were both distracted by a girl barreling towards him from the side at such high speed that she slipped and fell on her ass. I watched his internal debate and subsequent decision not to help her up. Then we made eye contact again and he looked very embarrassed. I didn't go talk to him.
- •then I saw him on my 30th birthday at a dumb burger joint in Hollywood called Stout.I had just gotten off set after a long day and some of my work friends took me out. We had been shooting in Hollywood, so that's where we ended up. Otherwise I would never willingly hang out there. Joe was at the bar with Rian Johnson. Looper was probably already in the can. He looked super buff, probably for Don Juan? It was confusing. Like JGL's cute little head on a big muscley body. He had no idea I was there. I still considered it a birthday gift.
- •then, last year he was a guest on the show I work on.He was super nice.
- •Clearly our destinies are intertwined! Fate isn't done with us yet!