MY LOOK RN
for posterity 💁 guys, lists like this make me feel like I'm in seventeen magazine, and that's a dream come true. thanks for indulging me.
- •clubmasters forever 👓✌️A glasses wearer since the age of three, I went through a brief phase in high school where I thought contacts would change my life (because all the teen movie makeovers told me so!) but I quickly went back behind the comforting and stylish protection of the eyeglass frame. glasses wearer for life. ✋❤️
- •wacky print shirtsmy favorite work look is skinny black jeans, boots, and a wacky patterned 80s or 90s button down, buttoned all the way, with a brooch or a necklace. it's kind of business casual, but in way that says, I'm creative, and even maybe, I work in comedy tv. Plus it's not fussy so I can still get my hands dirty.
- •chambray and denim button downsI've embraced the uniform of today, but I try to dress it up with a crazy necklace or an animal print blazer. I think I have 6 denim shirts and 5 denim dresses. 😬 perfect when I need a palate cleanser from all the crazy prints. also great for work because it's put together but sturdy.
- •(black) skinny jeans til the endthey'll probably be completely out of style soon but they still make me feel hot (no thigh gap required 🙄).
- •Free People bootsthey all have interesting detail and texture and feel special and feminine, yet badass.
- •short, voluminous dresses I can dress up or downmust have pockets and probably should be black
- •animal printlove it. can't help it. my go-to for dress up (other than all black) since it just seems glam and timelessly cool.
- •trying to deal with my curly hairI'm currently way overdue for a haircut and mostly try to contain the curls in high buns and side braids.
- •statement necklace, large brooch or bolo tie every daySome of my favs: a huge turquoise and silver beaded phoenix purchased at Olvera Street in LA, a massive wooden bead necklace which is the perfect hybrid I created from 3 imperfect thrift store necklaces, a jeweled snake choker by Betsey Johnson, and a big eye brooch by Buried Diamond.
- •I'm pretty much a maximalist in every way but currently in a minimalist earring phase. I still collect giant crazy earrings but I've been wearing these gold stick earrings by Kathleen Whitaker for 8 months now.Maybe it balances out my necklaces.
- •a denim jacketI have 3. my fav is a weird oversized 80s silhouette with huge pockets. (the more pins and patches the better.)
- •a men's Pendleton jacketor all of them. the men's are just cooler.
- •the occasional tshirt is requirednot a big fan of tshirts but they are sometimes necessary here in California. at least I can wear silly ones and rep some of my favorite artists. (this one is by Small Spells.)
- •a few good sweatshirtsI love sweatshirts. I'd live in them if I could. Camp Brand Goods has really soft perfect ones with a vintage vibe.
- •a basic black leather crossbody purseI've been using the same thrifted one for 2 years. it's smallish, so I don't carry around too much junk, and very sturdy, and goes with anything. I love all bags and am super tempted by designer bags, but in the end this is all I really use.
- •very minimal makeupI love lipstick, I just don't have the patience for the upkeep. when I really care I'll do classic red or hot pink, but otherwise it's Chapstick all day. I also love nail polish but my job is too hands-on to make a manicure last. I love bold eyebrows so usually my goal is to keep them groomed and fill them in a little. I might need to learn a real grown up beauty regimen soon, but in the meantime it's just moisturizer for me.