THAT TIME MISCHA BARTON STAYED AT MY PLACE FOR A WHILE
A surreal LA story
- •This guy was subletting my apartment for 3 months while my roommate and I were both working out of town. He asked if his friend could stay while he went to his brother's wedding.
- •His friend was Mischa Barton.
- •My first thought was, this guy is punking me.
- •My second thought was, I didn't know he was that funny.
- •Because we have an inordinate amount of OC paraphernalia in our house.
- •a magnet I made of Marissa and Ryan that says "I want to tell you all that is in my heart," proudly displayed on the fridge
- •a framed photo of Marissa, Ryan and Seth that looks like they are our friends
- •some recent fan art portraits my roommate made while rewatching the OC, including one of Marissa with the caption "I Love Vodka"
- •(We aren't crazy. We gave those gifts to each other, as a joke, and not in a creepy stalker way. But we do love the OC.)
- •My third thought was, oh my god if Mischa stays in my place she's going to forget to lock the door or have wild parties or drink all my booze.
- •(I'm not sure if Mischa has the same vices as Marissa. I'm sure I judged her unfairly.)
- •My last thought was, why the hell would she wanna stay here? I don't even have air conditioning.
- •When I got home all my booze was gone, including the weird stuff like brandy and cognac that I stole from my dad that no one ever drinks, and the words "all that is in my heart" were ripped off the magnet.
- •I imagine her sweltering here, swigging cognac that she hides in her clutch, coming face to face with that magnet, and tearing it apart in a fit of unrealized dreams.