A few food joints to enjoy and sights to see while on the island
- •Soggy Peso.Off the ferry head straight to the Soggy Peso. Hands down my favorite spot on the island. A little palapa bar about 50ft from the water. Tacos and a Sol. Or 8 Sols. Great sunsets. Fantastic atmosphere. Completely outdoors.
- •Playa NorteThe defining feature of Isla Mujeres is the beach. There is a huge public beach with bright white sand and picture perfect blue water. Rent a chair and dig in for a great day. Beers and be bought. Need a break? Head to....see next
- •JaxA great bar across the street from the beach. Coconut shrimp isn't half bad.
- •Dopi'sLocated right downtown, Dodi's had some of the best steak I've ever had.
- •Mango CafeA wonderful little breakfast/lunch spot towards the center of the island. Besides the excellent food and decor, Mango Cafe had the nicest staff I encountered on the island.
- •IslandRent a bike/scooter/golf cart and explore. There are not endless activities to take in--which is kind of refreshing. You can space out the touristy things and spend more time just enjoying the sun.
- •Turtles and DolphinsWe were traveling with a 2 yr old so we ending up taking in some kid friendly spots besides the beach. The turtle farm was a big hit. Didn't make it to the Dolphin Discovery but heard it was nice too.
- •GreenVerdeAnother fantastic lunch/breakfast option. Located near Chedrauri