Already on li.st? Open in app.
Trust me; I've torn all there is to tear, I've broken all there is to break and these are my thoughts
- •Getting bopped on the noseThere's no way to not cry
- •Minor ankle sprainsThe kind where you aren't injured enough for crutches but have to hobble around
- •BlistersI have nightmares about being forced to hike/run/walk many miles with a blood blister
I have a summer job at a popular ice cream store in Seattle and here are some strange things that people have said to me. To be continued...
- •Dad said his 5 year old daughter can "eat like a cow" but that it'll "come in handy later"Please explain... Or maybe don't??
- •A customer made quite an ordeal about being vegan (asked me to get a clean scoop and a fresh tub to avoid contact with non-vegan ice cream) yet got the ice cream in a waffle cone...
- •I asked if this large group was paying all together and the grandma decides to explain the entire complex family tree full of marriages, divorces, and remarriages
- •Bill Nye the Science GuyCame to my 2nd grade science class and taught us about solids, liquids, and gases. Forgot plasma what a liar
- •Michelle KwanIf this was ranked in order of how excited I was when I met them this would be #1
- •Shel SilversteinI was 2 years old so I don't remember this one
work in progress
- •"Living through each empty night, a deadly calm inside"Fleetwood Mac, Storms
- •"I'm not a sunset or a hurricane or a Vincent Van Gogh, you are the one thing I know"Drew Holocomb & The Neighbors, The Wine We Drink
- •"And all you see is where else you could be when you're at home, out on the street are so many possibilities to not be alone"Death Cab for Cutie, Your Heart is an Empty Room
At the Jesuit Catholic high school I went to, an hour of JUG (Justice Under God) was assigned to each minor disciplinary offense. Each JUG was basically an hour of labor the school didn't want to pay for such as gardening, vacuuming, and moping floors. In my time, I managed to log quite a few hours "repenting" in JUG. Here are my offenses:
- •Doing homework in the computer lab during lunchDidn't even know this wasn't allowed
- •Not singing at Mass
- •Saying our guest speaker about GMOs was "stupid"