MY FIRST PET 🐶🐱🐭🐰
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I was maybe 7 years old
- •I took a summer class about bugs because I wanted to be an entomologist when I grew upYou can tell I was one of the cool kids for sureeee
- •We learned about cockroaches one week, studying their life cycle and hatching babies in the class
- •At the end, our teacher let anyone who wanted to take one of the baby cockroaches home with themI don't know why my parents were okay with this but they are great
- •I had my first pet!!
- •I built her a home inside a fish tank and gave her lots of food and water
- •(If anyone was curious, cockroaches eat dog food)
- •I named her Karen, after my babysitterI thought that it was flattering and nice of me and that she'd be so proud to have a pet named after her! I might have been wrong
- •She died tragically a couple years laterWhile I was on vacation. I was devastated.
- •But I still have fond memories