Already on li.st? Open in app.
if you don't know the spoon metaphor, google it! I've found it really helpful in articulating my own mental health stuff ✌🏼
- 1.focus on your body. tense your muscles and then release them. make funny faces. wiggle.I think there's science about this making people less stressed, probably
- 2.close your eyes for as long as you need and imagine what you'd most like to be doingmy go-tos are skiing, sailing, reading, & painting, in case you need a jumping off place for your own ideas
- 3.drink water! it can hardly hurt to hydrate.because really... have you had enough to drink today? yeah, me neither
- •so every summer my town has a big ol weeklong festival/fair thing
- •it's not awful in theory, there's rides for kids and dumb carnival games some stalls about local charities
- •there's also a parade at the end of the week, which is like, charities and old cars and the festival queen and princesses (which is a character contest! it's lovely)
So, I'm in residential treatment, and I know I'm not the only one who is/has been. So let's get a conversation started about the experience!
- •That 1% of the students who are like, REALLY into DBT while everyone else is like
- •Tfw half your house/hall is on visits and you end up doing ALL OF THEIR CHORESI'm expecting them all to pay me back somehow btw
- •When there's ~interpersonal conflict~ AKA drama and half of campus is like
I want to like them as people but I hate them a lot. (aka lee needs to process but doing it out loud is unsafe)
- •Cry whenever it comes up and not tell anyone whythis is where I'm at right now
- •Fight themBad idea but I want to
- •Keep your head down and pretend everything's fineWhat I am failing at doing
- •Not from my sister!!!!.....not a biological one anyway. she's gotten herself back on track and is graduating high school in less than tWO WEEKS and I'm really proud of her. I'm bitter that I won't be there.
- •ITS SO DIFFERENTThe whole layout and everything and I don't know what to do
- •???????????I don't mind the album from HIMYM, but it doesn't belong with Hamilton??? Pandora what are you trying to do here????
- •No one in any of my classes seem to do their homework.And yet very few people seem to have lower than Cs. How? Teach me your ways.
I switched schools at semester from a tiny private all girls school to a larger public school so there are a lot of classes to talk about and many teachers are terrible but some are fantastic 😍
- 1.Literary Theory and CriticismHANDS DOWN THE BEST ENGLISH CLASS I HAVE EVER AND PROBABLY WILL EVER TAKE. First semester, this class was full of smart girls and an amazing teacher. We spent a lot of time yelling about (I mean discussing) feminism, Plato, and bodily functions.
- 2.Library AssistantNot technically a class, but so I care? No. No I do not. I've gotten to create displays, set up bulletin boards about tolerance, rape culture, and self care, put in requests for additions to the library, and reorganize the entire shelving system. It's been amazing.
- 3.World history (second semester)My history teacher is also my guitar teacher who also goes on hikes and raft trips and stuff with my therapeutic program in the summer. He's one of the smartest people I know and he understands where I'm coming from. Also, history is my intended college major, and the fact that he's a REALLY GOOD TEACHER has only encouraged this.
from a pretty rad member of the class of 2017, if I do say so myself
- •Y'all have been a grade ahead of me my whole life.
- •And that's weird because I'm friends with a lot of you???
- •And now you're on your way out and my class will be at the end of the line???