HOW MY HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE HAS DIFFERED FROM FICTION
I have always read a lot, and I had really great expectations for the ages 14-18, most of which were highly unrealistic, here are some of the biggest surprises:
- •I do not have insanely hot, nerdy but also athletic boyfriend who dotes on me.
- •I have not been recruited to a spy agency.
- •I don't fight with my parents and slam the door as I leave the room.
- •I do not sneak out to parties.
- •I do not have magical powers.
- •I do not have super powers.
- •I have not once flirted with a boy at a bookstore.
- •I haven't even experimented with a girl?
- •I am not cool and studious, and do my multitudes of homework in a beautiful library.
- •The world has not ended.
- •I have not been revealed as the chosen one.