THINGS I HAVE LEARNT IN BOARDING SCHOOL
I have been in boarding since the age of 9, I am in my 9th year
- •Life is easier if you follow the rulesSad, but true.
- •Life is more fun if you don't
- •It's easier to have fun if there are more rules to breakI had particularly good time subverting the one pair of sensible stud earrings rule.
- •Chatting over a hot drink (preferably tea/hot chocolate) will bond anyone
- •It is quite possible for a group of 10 year old girls to drive a teacher crazyI have experience in this field.
- •Rooming with someone who is the polar opposite of you is more fun than rooming with your best friend
- •Nothing unites a group like a hatred of people in charge.I understand this is a cliché sentiment, but I came to the idea on my own age 11 under the rule of a particularly tyrannical house mistress.