A LIST OF THOUGHTS AS NEWS BREAKS ABOUT ORLANDO
- •The largest mass shooting in US history will have a ripple effect on thousands and thousands of family members and loved ones and of course the victims themselves.
- •It will cause anguish and heartbreak and the mental and emotional scars created will last through entire lifetimes.
- •There will be medical costs, psychic costs, and it will expose even more bigotry writ large from hateful groups and people.
- •It will be a mirror for everything beautiful and terrible about our country.
- •It will also change nothing.
- •50 people is not enough. The 133 mass shootings so far in 2016 are not enough. The 5900 + killings by gun violence so far this year are not enough, nor are the 1,200+ injuries.
- •This is just another tragedy full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- •I'm very sad today, and ashamed to be an American.
- •❤️ and strength to Orlando, especially to the loving, strong, and awesome LGBT community there.