10 pictures from my family photo albums
Ten pictures from my photo album with some backstory or just who's in it.
- •Tía Rosie y tío JoseThis is my grandma's sister and her husband on their wedding day. She's my sister's godmother. The date of the photo is June 1969.
- •Tío Horacio y yoThis is a picture of my mom's youngest sibling, mí tío Horacio and I riding a cow. He's one of the most important guys in my life. He calls my sister and I his daughters (he didn't have any children of his own). He's one of the funniest guys and also takes the most shit from my other uncles and aunts. This is one of my favorite pictures in the world.
- •La Kitty y yoThis is a picture of my sister (Karina aka Kitty) and I on my birthday. As always my sister managed to pretend it was her birthday and cut my cake. I'm the one in yellow and she's the one in pink.
- •Mí ama y yoThis is a picture of my mom after she let me and my sister put a fake tattoo on her. I was like five, that's me in the corner of the picture.
- •Ice skatingThis picture was taken right before my sister and I went ice skating with a family friend (she was my sister's age so they would often ditch me). We went skating and it was the worst thing ever. It was my first time going and since I was ditched (as usual) I spent the entire night on the floor unable to keep my balance.
- •HoracioThis is a picture of my uncle Horacio as a young teen. Love the joy he used to have for farming.
- •La familiaThe lady in the red shirt holding the baby with the yellow pants is my grandma and the guy behind her with the mustache is my grandpa. The rest of the people are some of my grandma's sisters and other family members.
- •The baptismThis is a picture of my baptism when I was like four or five. The couple to the left are my aunt and uncle also my godparents (I don't call them madrina (godmother)/padrino (godfather), just uncle/aunt). The lady to the right is my momma, looking beautiful. I'm not religious as an adult but I can appreciate this image.
- •Mí tataThe guy holding the cerveza to the left of the guy with the hat is my grandpa. The other guys are some of his friends. Love this picture.
- •San FranciscoThis is a picture of my mom, my stepdad, my sister, and I (in the white shirt, being a sourpuss). We were visiting San Francisco and I was probably just trying to play/goof around and I got yelled at to be in the picture. Which happened the majority of the time. Most of my pictures are either of me not paying attention or being upset for being forced into the picture.