FOOD IN NASHVILLE I LOVE
This is hardly comprehensive and is fairly touristy. And developing. I rank 🦄 to 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄 because I want another excuse to use the unicorn
- •Biscuit Love 🦄🦄🦄🦄While biscuits are almost as prevalent as BBQ in Nashville, the east nasty gives me happy food baby memories. Sausage gravy on fried chicken with melty happy white cheddar(?) cheese. And though bonuts are gimmicky as hell, YUM.
- •The Grilled Cheeserie 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄GRILLED CHEESE FOOD TRUCK. 🍞🧀🚚. Their melt of the moments rock me, the tomato basil red pepper soup is 💀 and their sweet treats always get my money. Tennessee B&B baby. Ask for extra pickles they're free and homemade and you are welcome.
- •Pinewood Social 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄I recently suggested my roommate take any date he really liked here. It's got great staff (CUTE AF) amazing coffee (STRONG AF) and a seasonal menu. Theres a bowling alley inside if you're into that, but you'd never know sitting in the part of the restaurant we sat in.
- •Loveless Cafe 🦄Maybe I was starving from the wait (2 hours!) but once you commit to this you're in. The shops around were cute, though if I had to do it again I'd just buy the preserves from them and move on with my life. Warm biscuits, good breakfast, yummy take home cake. But we got a good tourist picture!
- •TN Brew Works 🦄So okay it's a brewery but it has good food! And the beer is great (sweet potato stout? yeah). I suggest the cheese plate, it has this funky like apple BBQ spread that is fantastic.
- •Two Bits Cafe 🦄🦄🦄My brother hates restaurants and I'm taking him here next time he visits. They make their own bacon? Like how can you not love that. And it's amazing. The bacon popcorn is perfect to play Mario Kart while in the bar. Old school arcade machines, super nice staff. In touristy music row but feels like a dive you'd live by. Cared about dietary restrictions and were honest!
- •Pucketts Grocery 🦄🦄🦄Part of a local chain (confusing but you know what I mean) it has BBQ, sometimes live music, and great breakfast. The Piggy Mac is delicious and I don't suggest for vegetarians or Friday in Lent. Close to Broadway but not bad bar food.
- •Peg Leg Porker 🦄Yet another BBQ place. They do provide lots of sides, and apparently deep fried pies(?) though I was too hungover to partake (honest). Ribs were okay, sauce was okay, mac and cheese shells aren't my favorite but the green beans had bacon or ham or something so they were wonderful even if I couldn't eat them all (again, hangover). They have koolaid pickles which my morbid curiosity wants to partake in but thank god for that hangover I avoided. Have I mentioned how hungover I was?
- •Carniceria Y Taqueria Don Juan 🦄🦄🦄$1.25 tacos. Like glorious tacos. I ate lunch there for like two months while working a temp job nearby. On my last day I ate six tacos and they gave me queso for free so pretty much they are the loves of my life.
- •Cochon Butcher 🦄🦄Sweet Potato Habanero sauce. YAS. Duck sliders needed more duck but were still every flavor I wanted. Coworkers raved about the brussel sprouts so if you are into that. Brisket sandwiches made me regret my duck order (YUM) but the skillet Mac and cheese was good and their desserts were homemade tasting which is a positive in my book. Muffuletta sandwich was 💯. Clearly I forced everyone to share.
- •Firefly Grille 🦄🦄🦄Fancy. Fancy. Fancy. But worth it if someone else is buying (I'm pretty poor guys). The best scallops I've ever had. Like, I would bathe in the sauce they were in. Perfectly cooked seafood is impossible to find sometimes. The desserts 😍 do not pass on them.
- •Noshville 🦄My brunch go to when people visit. NY style deli stuff, pickle bar, mimosas that get stronger the more you order, classic breakfast. The better one is closed 😭 but green hills location is acceptable
- •Pancake Pantry 🦄Sweet potato pancakes. Worth the line.
- •Fido 🦄What a cup of coffee. Apparently when tswizzle lived in Nashville it was her go to. Cute and decent sandwiches
- •Center Point BBQ (Hendersonville) 🦄If you measure a BBQ place by how many pigs are on the signs, this is your joint. Seat yourself, classic sweet tea, six kinds of homemade BBQ sauce. It's my staple for when people say "I want to go to a real BBQ place."
- •Jumbo and Delicious (Hendersonville) 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄The best cheeseburger. IT IS STUFFED WITH CHEESE. Also the owner is the best and his son is adorable and they make fun of me for my takeout orders and ask about my boyfriend and I love them. Also it's cheap as hell and is the best cheeseburger. And I consider myself a cheeseburger expert.