ILVERMORNY (AND ALL MY FEELINGS)
I've had a week or so to process the fact that the North American school is in the mountains and founded by an Irish woman. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings
- •The housesThe model after Hogwarts is real but I love how it still has that sort of emotional American twist to it (the houses relate to the heart, the mind, the soul, and the body)
- •Wampus, Thunderbird, Horned Serpent and PukwudgieMy inability to test into the same house twice with Pottermore at both Hogwarts and Ilvermorny has led me to decide I am a Thunderbird. (Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw confusion if we are getting detailed). Obviously I see myself as an adventurer. And I don't want to be in a house I can hardly say (puckwhstsit)
- •The Celtic symbolsI look amazingly Italian, and my skin is thankful every day for that. But the majority of my heritage is Irish and I've always loved Celtic lore. I'm pretty sure I lost my claddagh ring so I'm cursed forever or something. Also just read Mists of Avalon so I'm like... About the Morgane reference. I'm getting out my Celtic lore books ASAP. My fathers side of the family is going to be thrilled and I bet that my grandmother's parents who didn't want her to marry an Italian wouldn't hate it.
- •On an actual mountain that exists in MassachusettsI see you, Jo. And I approve. I thought for a while you were going to troll all the American fans with the North American school in Canada (I mean really we would have coped but I'd have been a little sad because I'm selfish) and to know its in New England 😍 I'm very very happy. And hiking there in the foreseeable future
- •Blue and CranberryLololololol. I am HERE for classy red white and blue. And I already ordered blue fabric to make my robe
- •The storyFEMALE PROTAGONIST. FINALLY. I love Hermione and if the books had been written from her POV I bet we wouldn't have wandered in the woods for an age while Harry felt bad for himself. All I'm saying.
- •It name Isolt SayreIt sounds like a song. Enamored
- •MARTHA THE SQUIBI love you Martha the squib. You make me so happy. There is a very good chance it's because my mother, Martha, would undoubtably be a squib. She put Ron's gryffindor patch on upside down because she's perfect. She might be a pukwudgie really because she's a healer but I loved that Martha was her name and I'm too into this and I'm sorry. I said I had a lot of feelings
- •The opportunity for more subtle jewelry/work clothes/ silent nodsMy office mates laugh at my hufflepuff cardigan and roll their eyes at my hedwig earrings but there's no way (other than the ones I've harassed into getting sorted to make sure the test was working) they identify the new houses. Or school logo. Or say anything about Celtic knots. This means I can rock my favorite nerd trinkets even during our more professional endeavors
- •Sent from a friend, assuming from RedditShe's brilliant and wonderful and we are going to the cursed child book release together
- •I bought this for HOUSE PRIDEAnd because it looks like an owl necklace of my grandmothers that I love. Thanks etsy!
- •They're supposed to be solid gold but I kind of love the vintage feel of this with the whiteClasp for the robe I'm about to make with...
- •NAVY VELVEThttp://www.joann.com/lets-pretend-velvet/6677843.html#close it's on sale right now guys in all kinds of great colors
- •Mostly, I'm thrilled that someone who didn't get their Hogwarts letter (well had it kept from them) went on to found the largest magical school in North America and had a true loveI'm a sucker for a happy ending ✨
- •Let me know your houses and all your feelings!There's so much to love/debate/feel/examine!