STRESS BAKING 101
I'm a hot mess. Really, who left the oven on?
- •First, totally panic about somethingPersonal life, professional goals, family drama, imagined feuds. Doesn't matter what
- •Second, check to make sure you have enough butter / eggs for this ordealI keep a backup pound of butter in my freezer at all times because you never know when this nonsense is going to strike
- •Third, decide a reasonable amount of something to bakeLike a batch of chocolate chip cookies. You won't overeat and maybe the office/your crush will be happy to eat them and give you points!
- •Fourth, come out of a blackout like state to every surface in your kitchen covered in baked goodsBrownies, spun sugar, buttercream, cupcakes, biscuits, the cookies you initially planned, some sort of strange hybrid dessert breakfast concoction, homemade gnocchi, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting, deep fried lasagna bites, etc.
- •Fifth, try to scrub the flour out of your mane and put the pieces of your life back togetherAnd go get some milk from the store. Those cookies won't eat themselves