WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE MY BROTHER MOVE TO NASHVILLE AFTER TWO YEARS OF BEING THERE WITHOUT FAMILY
Oh this list. So far it's only been three days but here's a go at it
- •Being alone (or lonely) has been the hardest part of the moveI'm never sorry I did it but sometimes I get so homesick I can't leave my apartment. I'm working on it.
- •I've covered this in variations on other lists but in summary - sometimes you just need someone who has known you since before solid memories
- •New friends are wonderful (and important!) but not the same as having your first person permanently aroundWe are 13 months apart. It's why I get 1% more when our parents kick it.
- •IT BRINGS OUT ALL THE EMOTIONS!
- •Relief knowing next time I break a limb I'll have someone to drive me to the hospitalBut only if I want to go.
- •Excitement to have someone to go to movies with, PokemonGo with, go to plays withWho likes the same movies. Who will eat super butter popcorn with me and have me sneak in egg rolls in my purse.
- •Overwhelming joy plotting all the recipes and movie nights and how I'm going to get my vhs there since its a monster size and which kind of cheesecake we should make first
- •And then there are the obvious bonuses of siblings
- •Old inside jokes"Every time I play basketball I'm a Power forward!" -Martha
- •Someone who calls you on your shitBut has solutions! And still loves you!
- •Road trip buddy for holidays or family eventsRead: Funerals
- •Having a sounding boardFor politics, religion, stress, workplace drama, career goals, where you should get takeout from.
- •And BLANKET FORTS!!!!!!!!!He brought enough chairs this is about to get LIT
- •Pretty much hopefully now I stop lonely crying into wine bottlesBecause his girlfriend and I can homesick cry into wine bottles TOGETHER!