TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
I grew up in the country and when I say country, I mean I didn't even have the option of cable until I was 9 years old. I had maybe 5 or 6 channels max. Syndication was king.
- •1. Star Trek Watching the adventures of the Enterprise with my father was a great bonding experience and gave me a lifelong love of Science Fiction.
- •2.Bonanza Every girl needs to know how the West was won by good hearted young brothers guided gently by their wise father. There were actually a number of westerns I would watch with my Dad, but all the other names escape me now.
- •3.A.L.F.Because who doesn't like smart ass aliens who want to eat cats?
- •4.Hill Street Blues My Dad was a State Trooper, cop shows are a given, just to yell at the TV, "That's not how that works, your doing that wrong!" That's an evening of family entertainment, learning correct police procedure people!
- •5.Wonder WomanBecause it's Wonder Woman. No explanation needed.
- •6.The Avengers (BBC 60's series)I realize some younger lads and lasses reading this list are going huh? right now, but I when I was little I wanted to grow up and be a spy like Mrs. Peel. They attempted to reboot the series with a film about 15 or 20 years ago but it was awful. The original series was much better if you were on something while watching it or were a kid and didn't know.