Wanderlust - The India Wishlist
This is my India travel wishlist. If you gift me a trip for two, I'll gladly strike the item off (and move it to (inserting new link soon)). I'm also working on India culture trippin' and food lists. Leave a comment!
- 1.Northeast India - Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, NagalayaCulture, food, landscapes, people, music, football. Ideal 2-3 weeks break to explore the spectacular seven sisters. Best time to visit - Nov to April. Rainy season (June-Aug) are best avoided.
- 2.GulmargSkiing or not, this beauty comes to life in the winters with the dreamy views of snow capped mountains, ropeways, charming villages. Ideal short vacation 4-5 days. Year end or republic day weekend should be a good time.
- 3.Valley of flowersPunch in some fitness, fresh air and breathtaking views in one week. Pick one of the many organised treks for July and August, pack light and leave.
- 4.Rann of KutchOffbeat roadtripping. Steer clear of the tourist BS and go straight to the salt marshes. Homestays in villages producing handicrafts (embroidered clothes) or pottery would be my best picks. Just hit the road... And figure out the rest as you go.
- 5.Kashmir - roadtripThe dream. No borders, no fears, no stopping us anymore - modern utopia. Srinagar, Karakoram pass, Nubra valley, Leh-Ladakh, Spiti valley... God! I can spend a lifetime here. 3 weeks/May-October.
- 6.SundarbansAmitav Ghosh writes beautifully about the pathos of the Sundarbans... It's islands, tides, tigers and resilience of its people. The green waters and forests are enough of a reason for this time capsule of a vacation.
- 7.AndamansPerfect one week vacation. All. Year. Round. Night skies, blue-green waters, sand under your feet. Lazy or action packed. Deep-sea or beach-bumming.
- 8.ThekadyOffbeat. Lush green. Elephants playing in water. Deer on the roads. Forest reserves. Should make for a good break, any day.
- 9.Parks and rec - Jim Corbett/RanthamboreEase of access, organised travel.
- 10.CoorgHiking, home stays, tea plantations, nature. 3-4 day breaks. Summers. Winters. Via Coimbatore or bangalore.