- •FIRST CONCERT: Weird Al at Valley Fair amusement park in Shakopee, Minnesota 1984. I was 7 and me and my dad went to this show in the park while my 12 year old brother and his 2 friends kept riding coasters cuz "Weird Al is a dork". Al had guys in gorilla costumes on stage with him. The best.
- •FIRST CAR: 1984 Subaru Wagon. Light blue. Stick shift. I was 16 and I boned in the back of it once while a Cure cassette flipped over and over.
- •FIRST FRENCH KISS: I was in 7th grade. My skateboarder buds went to see the movie Ski Patrol (festuring a young Paul Feig) at the Safari Theater in Moorhead, MN. A couple girls that I didn't know came with. I met and then not long after frenched Courtney. We got hot and heavy. #juniormintslipsIts funny to think that a year before this I rode my Schwinn BMX bike to this same theater for a matinee of UHF starring the aforementioned Weird Al. Hadn't kissed a girl at all. In that year I had kissed and now tongue kissed a girl after picking up skateboarding. Skateboarders get ladies!
- •FIRST CRAZY ECSTATIC WILD JOY: Getting married to my insanely great, hilarious, smart, cute, brilliant, best little babe ever wife @white_lightning and just partying so happily for like 10 hours in the best way possible in upstate New York in the best weather. (next morning, crazy heavy rain)
- •FIRST FRIEND: A 2 year old girl my age that I cant remember the name of, but is like a hazy smiley misty memory. She was cool.
- •FIRST TRAGEDY: (im throwing this in casually even tho its pretty intense, hey, but at this point its an accepted normal reality for me) Ok. My dad took his own life when I was 25. He was manic depressive. I being the youngest of us 3 kids probably got along with him the best of us.My mom is strong and has pulled through and is doing well after a long time being a bit lost as we all were.
- •FIRST PERFORMANCE: Being one of the 3 wisemen in a church production. I carried the frankincense.